Monday, June 06, 2005

Weblogs & RSS

I'm amazed that there was such a turn-out for the session on Weblogs this morning. SRO and then turning them away. I'd have thought it was old news by now. I was only going hoping to bump into some folks. But it was too crowded for that. Are there still that many people wanting info on weblogs? Strange.

The session on RSS was well done. What I took away was that there is a steep learning curve. Folks don't know what it can do and the terms are foreign. Also it is so tied up with blogging that is another bunch of terms and concepts to understand. Maybe we should try to separate it from weblogs and figure out ways to make it easier to understand. Our patrons will never get it if skilled trained information professionals are struggling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I totally agree that training on and discussion of RSS/feeds needs to be separated from blogs. I've been at too many sessions where there's 30 minutes to cover both and neither get covered well.

2:54 PM  
Blogger randy said...

Very much wish I could have attended this session, but at the same time, I was moderating the Standards Roundtable.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home