Frederick Dylla, new AIP Pres., launched, then there were marketing language oriented remarks from Barbara Lange of IEEE then ? did a live demo for us. I agree, Christina, there is lots more for them to do!
The basic search screen is shown here. Very basic, but the cleanness is nice.
- But it is an interesting start for a cross-disciplinary when you mean engineering and physics, mostly, search.
- Actually, I am thinking of promoting Scitopia as a basic international PATENT search engine. We learned in response to Randy's question that one cannot search by patent classes ("yet" the vendors said; and, to be fair, it is beta), but nevertheless the fact they index and link to USPTO, AND EPO and JPO, makes it attractive!
- Also, like the OSA and SPIE additions...I can see some of our engineers could like this for cross platform (more than the physicists I am thinking)
- The "today's clippings" has GOTTA go as the name for marked records! AND they GOTTA have a "my Scitopia" so one can save these results.
- Of course, the societies' databases to which they link do have personalization functions, and lots of the other stuff we were all asking for....